This Dish has been adapted from a starter we had at ‘Wooloomooloo Prime,’ a restaurant in Hong Kong. Where, we had our last night out, after 7 1/2 months in the city. The view from this restaurant is unbelievable, It’s on the Kowloon side of the city and is on the 21st floor of ‘The One’ building. Before dinner we were able to watch the laser light show in Victoria Harbour from our seats in the restaurant before being treated to one of the best meals we have eaten in a long time! The textures and flavours compliment the Scallops perfectly, so if you’re trying this for an evening meal it will definitely give it the wow factor.
Ingredients <Serves 2 – 4>
- 6 – 12 Scallops
- 6 – 12 tsp Mango Chutney
- 6 – 12 Smoked Streaky Bacon Rashers
- Salmon eggs (Optional)
- Wrap the scallops in bacon and hold in place with a cocktail stick.
- Heat a pan with a little oil and sear the scallops for 2 – 3 minutes on either side
- In small pan, warm through the Mango chutney, and warm your plates ready for serving
- Once the scallops are cooked, place a spoonful of mango chutney per scallop onto the plate and place the scallops on top of the chutney, top with the Salmon eggs and serve with a light salad.